Tuesday, May 23, 2006

 

Whittlers Dream is a 1969 Grand Banks 42 Classic

My name is Darrin Jones and I am the Owner of m/v "Whittlers Dream" a Trawler Yacht built originally for Robert And Mildred Newton. Mr. Newton was the Founder and CEO/President of American Marine Ltd. which is "Grand Banks". She is Hull number 125 out of 353 very similar to her that are True Woodies, ( a plank on frame construction) . Grand Banks went on from Hull 354 thru 1589 in Fiberglass construction. She was named by Mr. Charlie Stokes, a somewhat famous artist in all things carved, inlaid, and a degreeless engineer extrodinaire. I have never met Charlie, he died on "Whittler's dream" before my wife and I purchased her from Charlie's girlfriend.
I have alot of photos to post, of before, when we fixed her up, then used her a while, then got back to rebuilding the whole darn superstructure.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?